With some sweetness in my mouth, my memory brings me back to Sacramento when I "witnessed" my sister baking her special Zucchini cake.... special because she planted her own zucchinis in her garden... organic and fresh.. :)
Here she is... shredding the zucchini...
shredded zucchini.. and now the blending...
mixing with the eggs...
then the flour....
my sister mixed in some raisins and walnuts grown from her garden...
and er... that's it? So easy?
after some minutes....
So easy... I think I can do it myself now that I am home..
But then... I don't know where to get the zucchinis.. :)
Zucchini Bread... but tasted like cake to me....
My sister told me that this is a healthy loaf of bread..
Hearing that, I ended up "walloping" nearly the whole loaf!!
okay..nearly half.. if not all... hahaha.....
Here is the recipe adapted....
- 2 cups shredded raw zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar (depending on how sweet you want it to be)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- half cup of raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Put zucchini in strainer and press or squeeze with hands to get some of the excess liquid out.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, and oil together.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, vanilla, raisins and walnuts, mixing just until all ingredients are combined.
- Add drained zucchini. Mix well.
- Pour into 2 greased pans.
- Bake for 30 to 60 minutes at 350° depending on your oven.