For tourists who look for exquisite South Asian adventure, Pakistan is the country to visit for them. With cultures that have been there for thousands of years, Pakistan offers the tourists some life changing experiences.
The best thing about travelling in that country is that the transportation, food and hotels in Pakistan are relatively cheap and easily available. Pakistan offers you a diversified topography with a vast desert, parts of the great Himalayas, big green forests and lengths of natural beach. The people and their colorful and rich culture add much more to the merriment. If you are looking for a great way to travel on a budget in Pakistan, then the best plans for you have been sketched below.
1. Buses in Pakistan are the most common and popular way of travelling. Buses are available in numbers and connect almost each and every towns and villages. The buses are mostly non air conditioned and boast of very colorful designs. There are mainly two routes for those buses, one is by the highways and the other one is by the local roads. If you have time in your hand and want to explore the country on your own, then the buses running through the local roads are the best answer to your question.
2. All the major cities in Pakistan are connected via train route. The trains generally have six different classes depending upon the comfort level and the fare charges. If you are looking to travel comfortably, then it is advisable to you to use trains instead of buses. The biggest demerit of Pakistani trains is that they often run pretty late from the scheduled timings.
3. If you are travelling in the smaller towns and villages, the best and quickest transport medium you have got are the vans and the minibuses. These are shared vehicles and are often crammed with more passengers than it can carry. The fares are very cheap and the medium is more punctual than the buses or trains.
Places to visit:
1. If you are travelling for the first time in Pakistan, then you might want to start your journey from the city Quetta. You can get accustomed to basic Pakistani customs and get to know the people from this city. The city has to offer you some good museums.
2. Second in line comes the border town Lahore. This ancient city is rich with heritage and gives you a great inside look in the culture of Pakistan. The foods are good and you must taste the delicacy kebab and biryani. The best yet cheap hotels of this city include Pearl Continental Lahore, Parkway Hotel and Smart Hotel etc. Some of the best restaurants include Viranda Bistro, Palillos, Café Upstairs, Café Zouk, Memories Restaurant, Jans Deli and Khiva Revolving.
There is one thing to keep in mind in that area is to never ever get involved in any sort of debate with the locals. They are known to carry assault rifles with them and are not known to be a very polite tribe. Police doesn’t really interfere with the local affairs and the chances that somebody will come to save you from any grave situation are next to nothing.
4. Then you need to come to city of Karachi. One of the oldest and biggest cities of Pakistan, Karachi offers you the real essence of the urban life of Pakistan. There are exquisite mosques and buildings with the middle aged architecture. The people are generally friendly and will treat you with respect. Don’t forget to try the local delicacies, especially the meat items. The most popular and cheap hotels to stay in Karachi are Legacy Homes, Regent plaza Hotel, Hotel Faran etc.
Your overall experience in Pakistan is likely to turn out to be a life changing experience. The people are like you have never met before, they are friendly, they are intense and they can either love or hate you to the extreme content. The geography offers you a mini world in a nutshell. Go, visit Pakistan and come with stories to tell and experiences to share that you will never be able to forget.