Spending time outside can bring health benefits not just to the body, but even to the mind and soul. One of the best ways to get in touch with nature is through hiking. If you’re looking for your next big adventure, check out some of the trails that you would not want to miss below.
1. Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal – the highest point on planet Earth is practically on every hiker’s bucket list. There’s no denying the breathtaking scenery that you will encounter, and the fact that you will be on the highest place on earth will make it a glorious experience. But aside from that, you also get to experience the culture of the locals by visiting places such as the village of Namche Bazaar or the Buddhist monastery at Pangboche.
2. Tour Du Mont Blanc – if you’re looking for an adventure that will be you to three countries, then circle the Mont Blanc. It can take as fast as 3 days, but if you want the full experience, it will take 7 to 10 days. This adventure of a lifetime will bring you to France, Italy, and Switzerland. Prepare yourself to see the dramatic glaciers of the Swiss Alps and of course the Mont Blanc. If you’re not in a hurry, take the time to enjoy the villages you will be passing through. Get to know the locals and don’t forget to enjoy the delicacies each place has to offer.
3. Te Araroa Trail in New Zealand – the country has some of the most diverse landscapes on earth. When you go on the TE Araroa Trail, you will not only get a glimpse of an active volcano but even a forest that looks like it belongs in another world. Get to know the culture of the Maori as you go through the river valleys. Book your tour around October through April which is the peak season for traveling there.
4. Overland Track in Tasmania – if you’re looking for a place that will offer not only the beautiful landscape but wildlife as well, the Overland Track is Australia is perfect. This place offers everything you could ask for in a hike. You’ll not only experience solitude but a variety of landscapes, from a rainforest, alpine lakes and mountains. You’ll also get the chance to see animals like the Tasmanian devil, the platypus, and the wombat. Allot around six days for this kind of adventure that can take you around Australia’s deepest lake, Lake St. Clair.
5. Inca Trail in Peru - if you want a trail that will take you to one of the most beautiful sceneries in the world, choose to go on the Inca Trail. The hike will go through 26 miles of mountain scenery, ruins, a jungle and of course at the very end, you will get to behold one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, the Machu Picchu. The best time to go travel to the Inca trail and other Machu Picchu treks would be from May to September.