Whether you play MMOs or bingo, you probably know by now that online gaming is the next big sensation. One in four internet users is now an online gamer. Gaming online has reached heights that were previously unimaginable, and considering that a lot of people participate in these games, there are some social etiquette rules that should be followed to make sure you appear polite and friendly to other gamers.
1. Introduce yourself: Make sure to introduce yourself when you enter a game. Just say hi and tell the other players who you are. This will help other players recognize you as a fellow player and provide a polite start to a conversation.
2. Play Fair: Play the game fairly. Cheating, in any form, is the best way to make other players dislike you and to even land in legal trouble.
3. Don’t Spam: The online chat rooms should not be spammed with unrelated content or promotional forwards. Also, do not send multiple messages to someone who has not replied yet.
4. Be a good sport: Don’t quit mid-game without a word if you are losing and do not make fun of someone else who loses. Understand that it is just a game and make everyone feel good.
5. CAPS lock and other grammatical errors: Do not write in all caps as it is the internet equivalent of shouting at someone. Also, if you are playing bingo games for free, make sure you understand the bingo chat rules before you participate.
6. Enjoy yourself: Online games are supposed to be a relaxing escape for everyday monotony. Yet, if you feel like you are unable to have fun at a particular site, it is best to find some other place to play at.