Skincare routines can be quite confusing for a gal. Often times you may read about some new way to keep your skin fresh and supple, only to find out that you are harming your skin in the long run. These common mistakes may not have such devastating effects, but occasionally, they can provide long term problems.
We all know that using collagen creams can be the secret of a youthful skin. Sometimes, using a face cream is not enough though. There are a lot of common misconceptions with regards to skincare. Let’s take a look at some of the things that you may be doing wrong for your skin.
1. Drinking water from the bottle: Drinking a lot of water helps to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. A lot of skin care experts would tell you that one of the first things you must do with regards to skin care is to drink a lot of water. However, few people know that drinking water directly from the bottle is actually bad for you. In the long run, this simple act would create wrinkles around your lips. A lot of people never actually think of this. Just the way frowning a lot would give you wrinkles, this also has long term effects.
2. Applying sunscreen only to your face: This is a common error made by women. Sunscreen is not meant for just your face, and most people know this but go ahead anyways. This act leads to having lighter skin on your face and darker skin throughout the rest of your body. It is essential to use sunscreen or a summer cream all over your body every single day. Even though it may be tiring, you must realize that this is for your own good.
3. Taking very long, very hot showers: Hot showers are very refreshing, and they get even more refreshing when the weather is cold. However, when you stay in the shower for too long, you are getting rid of your skin’s natural oils. This would leave your skin dry and itchy. If you want to have healthy skin, use lukewarm water or don’t stay in the water too long.
4. Exfoliating a little too much: Exfoliating helps to rid your skin of its dead cells and expose a fresher and much lighter skin tone. Doing this too much may have adverse effects on your skin. It can get addictive when you see the initial results gotten from exfoliating, but try not to do this too frequently.
5. Getting too little sleep: Sleep is the body’s natural way of rectifying errors and rebuilding dead cells. If you are overworking yourself and not getting enough rest, your skin would start to age quicker, and you wouldn’t look as fresh as people that are getting enough sleep.