It is possible to lose a large amount of weight in a short amount of time. The way to do it is a combination of many things - diet, exercise, calorie deficit, etc. There are many weight loss diets that show results fast. But the one diet synonymous with quick weight loss is the Military Diet.
The military diet
One of the most successful quick weight loss diets, the military diet promises fast results in the quickest possible time. We are speaking of ten pounds in seven days! That’s astounding indeed. The week is broken up into two phases. Both have calorie deprivation as their goal. The first three days is 1400 calories. The next four days, the calorie count stays at 1400-1500 and no higher. There’s also a lowest point the calories can go to and no lower; 1200 for women and 1250 for men. 2200 for women is the number of calories your body needs to stay energetic, emotionally stable and not suffer from hunger pangs.
But with a name like military diet, one thing it’s not is easy. According to many military diet plan reviews, this is a tough diet where even the snacks are regimentalized but the advantages are many:
· The diet consists of easy to eat, inexpensive food that works to help the body shed fat.
- You eat way fewer calories than you normally do - this has good results. There are so many benefits to removing sugar from your diet, in whatever form - pasta, soda, candy, bread, creamy sweets.
- · Your metabolism kicks into a higher gear, making your body burn more calories and fat.
- · The effects of fasting have been studied and documented for many, many decades. Fasting is therapeutic for the body and works to give your system a much needed rest.
- · The diet doesn’t need exercise or physical activity to lose weight. This is ideal for people who are exercise-averse and want to lose weight.
There is no meal preparation or cooking, for the most part. That means the diet is easy to follow for even the busiest person. You can also carry your food on the go, prepared in advance, and not have to worry about breaking the diet. It’s not difficult or time consuming to put together. The dieter eats three balanced meals in a day and drinks lots of liquids. When we say liquids we mean, no alcohol, soda, or milk and juice. Water, black coffee or tea are all fine. In fact, black coffee is one of the elements of the diet breakfast.
A typical meal day consists of a combination of food, all meant to give you the requisite calories. Breakfast is mostly simple - toast, sometimes with egg, sometimes with peanut butter or a banana. Lunch is toast again with tuna, and coffee. Dinner has treats like ice cream, apple, banana and food like beans and meat. As the week progresses, food alternates among cottage cheese, hot dogs, carrots, broccoli, cheddar and crackers. Pretty simple and still effective.
The military diet requires patience and willpower. But when a huge weight loss is the end goal, it’s something worth pursuing.
Water is key to hydration but beverages, including those with less and no-sugar, can be part of a balanced life. In fact, low-calorie soft drinks are comprised of 99% water and have proven to aid weight loss and management: http://bit.ly/Ik4zjC.ReplyDelete