BUN BAKING MODE... Since there was no more bread in the house and I was too lazy to go out to buy, I googled for easy bun recipe on youtube. I had a hard time choosing the recipe I wanted, there were so many good cooks online, I must say!
In the end I settled for this raisin bun, I halved the portion of the ingredients for 10 buns. For me, five buns will do but somehow ended up with 9 buns! How did that happen? LOL...
Here is the recipe for Raisin buns: I halved all the ingredients shown
3 cups all purpose flour (375gm)
2 1/2 teaspoon instant dry yeast (8gm)
2 tablespoon sugar (25gm)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup lukewarm milk (180ml)
1 large egg
3 tablespoon butter, melted (45gm)
1/2 cup raisins (70gm)
Added in almond flakes and walnuts
Egg wash: 1 egg + 1 tbsp of water
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt and yeast
2. Add milk, melted butter and eggs
3. Mix together until a soft and sticky dough is formed. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 4-5 min. Add the raisins and mix until combined. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic and let it rest for 1 hour or until dough doubled in size.
4. Divide the dough into 10 pieces
5. Place on baking tray and cover with a kitchen towel until it rise doubled in size
6. Heat oven at 180 degrees and bake for 20 minutes
7. Brush the buns with egg wash (I didn't do any of that)
Sticky dough after mixing all ingredients
I knead with a spatula...
Doubled in size after an hour....
I took the dough out and knead for another 5 minutes or so....
Even with half the ingredients, I could get 9 buns.... LOL...
Into the oven for 20 minutes...
Soft and fluffy....
But frankly speaking, the next day the buns are not as soft....
That is why I like to make smaller portions so that
they could be finished on the same day or the day after...
I will make this again...
This time I will add in more nuts and raisins!
Yeah perhaps the next time you should make them smaller.ReplyDelete
Wow! You have so much flour at home, can make fresh bread anytime.ReplyDelete
Texture sure looks perfect! I thought you have a bread maker?ReplyDelete
I like it warm and soft. So got to eat while it was hot. Hehe.ReplyDelete
I love raisins buns!ReplyDelete
MCO is the best time to hone your baking skill. The buns look yummy.ReplyDelete