Nowadays, even moving houses need a checklist to ensure a hassle free move. Change is part of life, and major life changes usually involve movement. Moving house can be stressful, but we are humans and can adapt to it. Moving one place to another is not necessary to be a stressful process, we can turn it into a happy and fun one.
Moving house can somehow become one of our interesting life experiences too. Besides, there are always hacks to make things go simple and easy for everyone. You can pack and unpack faster, reduce the workload, and ultimately make the process go smoother than ever. Therefore, everyone should learn a few tricks to do your moving effectively.
And here is a moving house checklist:
● Remove belongings that you no longer need. This is always the first thing to do before you pack anything. Get rid of everything you think that has been unused or kept dusty in your storeroom for years. You can categorize them according to the ways of getting rid of them by way of donating, selling or throwing it away.
● Pack wisely. You can list down the things you want to pack according to your desirable sequence. Then, start to pack into different boxes by labelling their categories outside the box, this can bring much convenience later when unpacking them. Do not forget to get enough packing supplies including marker pens, boxes, masking tape, etc.
● Find and book a mover early. Research and book a moving service early. Booking them last minute could mean paying a higher price, or you may not be able to get the movers you want, especially if it’s weekend or peak moving season. Besides, you can research the house movers and get to hire yourself a reputable residential mover service team.
● Change address for bills, utilities and letters. If your moving date is finalised, please contact your utility provider and update your new address. Guess no one would like to get to the new place full of excitement but there’s no heat and electricity supplies after a whole day of moving.
● Make plans for kids and pets on moving day. Your kids may be excitedly running around to explore their new bedroom while the pets will be still unfamiliar with their new place. If you do not want to supervise them in addition to handling the moving, it is good to make prior arrangements for them.
Remember these useful tips when the day you are moving your house. Moving hacks can still only make things a bit easier on yourself, for convenience, do hire a reliable mover company to help you and make your life easier.
If you are located in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, Mover2U provides several services including movers and packers service, furniture movers, lorry rental service, etc. Do not hesitate to get in touch with them for a free quotation and consultation.
Post a Comment
Thank you, readers!